Sunday, September 16, 2012

Bears and Bonfires

We heard there was a black bear by the dock.
 Last weekend, a black bear was spotted by the dock. About a month ago a man shot a nice sized black bear in Emmonak. Another guy got on out on the coast in Nunam Iqua. This black bear has been sighted around Alakanuk, even on the runway at the airport. I'm surprised to see and hear of so many bears around here this year. I'm not sure what's causing them to come out to check out the tundra, but it's kind of fun seeing them.

Bear track next to my hand.
 I walked to the dock with my 30-06 for a bonfire with other staff members and two missionaries who were here. We had good time shooting guns and roasting marshmallows on the shore of the Yukon.

Michaela modeling my newfound stool.

Culea and Holly (new teachers this year)

Driftwood and swampland.

Our bonfire bunch.

Who needs a roasting stick? Not Sammy.

Flora found a driftwood recliner.

Sammy and I sporting some fun-guns. 
Despite dressing very warmly, my ear plugged up and I ended up with a sinus infection and ear infection that I'm still fighting a week later.

No comments:

Post a Comment